sabato 7 gennaio 2012

A new year's Eve in Helsinki

I' ve been in Finland twice in a year...I've fallen in love with this country, not for only a reason. I loved its nature, its cities and, obvously, all the atmosphere that you can breathe there. I finally found again the pleasure of writing, simply sitting on a bench of Esplanadin Puisto, under the rays of an afternoon sun, looking at the other people, or watching the streets performers...And when a friend made me the proposal to return for New Year's Eve, I accepted without thinking twice...
So, this is my second time in Helsinki. This is the second time I feel the melancholic taste of leaving this place....I cannot explain the particular feelings, but what I can say is that for me there is only peace, when I stay there.
I know, staying somewhere for holiday is different from staying for work, or living the tipical routine, but there are many things that Finnish people have...honesty, calm, silence... 
If you go there with a group of friend, as I've made this last time, it's quite hard trying to find the silence of Finland...anyway, all is possible, if you want, and no place is so ideal as Finland, to find your place in the world...


During the winter there are 4 hour less of daylight, but Helsinki is not a dark city, with its open spaces and enlightneded buildings... I made this pic at 16.15, more or less. The sun was already gone...


And these are 2 pics of  Rautatientori , the 30th december, at 16.50 (you can see the time on the clock)









 This is a peculiarity that we found in winter...the ICE BAR... Usually Italian people resist long enough to make the order and a photo...at least, is what told us the barmaid.  Inside there are -5°C, is all made of ice, and staff gives you special capes to repair yourself from the coldness...obviously, for Italian people, it's not enough, but we 've resisted inside 20 minutes....much more than the average....with congratulations from bartender !!! XD


And now...I'll try to let you taste the scent of Helsinki...



So...the following pics were made the 31th morning. The first one is juat before taking tram to Munkkiniemi, the second is while we were going to Seuraasari...from Munkkiniemi district.



And these were made just before starting the Seurasaari tour....it was 9.45 in the morning, and the sun was just rising....


An iced lake in Seurasaari

So...some city's corners....in several moments during the day....Stockmann shopping Centre...


 Esplanadin Puisto, on 31th night....




Hietaniemen Hautausmaa....1th January 2012 at 13.00




Hietaniemen rantakatu (see the little iced veil of the sea)


Merisatamaranta, 15.15

From Kaivopuisto, at 15.45



Kaivopuisto, at 16.00 



Kauppatori




 Uspenksin  kirkko

....And various corners....






Nothing to add, nothing to underline....only that: i've found my magic place in the world....

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento