domenica 5 febbraio 2012

Cartoons and technology

It has been snowing for days. Yesterday, and the day before yesterday, I went out for a walk in the snow, and made some pics, but today..I was very tired. 
We had to clean our little roads working in team, andluckily we have a good neighborhood. Nobody cleans little roads, especially  here, in the countryside. It fell more than 1 metre of snow, so, I let you imagine....
Today, I relaxed watching old Disney's cartoons.  I've repaired my old VHS reader some weeks ago, and I used it, because I've got these movies only in VHS.
I've thought, while watching, haw much time had passed. I was at primary school when The Little Mermaid came out, and I remember the difference among this movie and the other stories created before. It was the first movie with a real soundtrack. More songs bring you from the beginning to the end of the story.
Before, I had already watched , Cinderella, always a Disney production.
So, what was my thought?
During the last years, I've gone several times to the cinema, to watch new cartoon's movie. I remember the computer tecnology applied to King Lion's drawings, and I remember when the first  movie totally digital cartoon came out. It was 1995's Toy Story.
Up to this moment 3D techniques have the only purpose of completing a cartoon, animating, with them, exclusively some elements of the film.
This afternoon, I stopped myself on the colors... a cartoon movie is so named for pictures and colors...It needn't to be perfect...or not?
Maybe, we remember all princesses 's faces similar, but what does it matter?  
About the new productions, I remember with a lot of pleasure DragonTrainer. I've really fallen in love with characters, and especially with the black dragon....but i've always loved dragon, so I think it's normal. I also have a little blu dragon hanging on the wall in my bedroom!!!
Anyway, today we don't name anymore "cartoon movies". We name "animation movies" these film, because they aren't anymore drawn by hand. They are produed by computer technology.  


So...look at the differences....


Cinderella, 1950

The Little Mermaid, 1989


DragonTrainer, 2010



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento